- We prayed for her constantly before she was even born.
- She was our first and she spoiled us.
- We were afraid we would damage her. She was early and so little.
- She constantly entertained us (and still does.)
- Being the firstborn, she definitely exhibited a take-charge attitude from the very beginning.
- We always knew she was the smartest child in her class. (We just didn't have the heart to inform the other parents of this.:)
- She was daddy's girl and mommy's baby.
Now, I am noticing little changes that are taking place:
- She is becoming a young lady.
- She is subtly pushing for independence.
- Trying to reign in her changing emotions.
- Taking more time to get ready to go somewhere. She wants to look nice, but is conflicted with that inner "little kid" who doesn't really care how she looks.
- Wanting to spend more time with her friends, yet not wanting to miss out with her family.
- People are beginning to see her as a "dependable young person" which makes us extremely proud.
I know these are all things that must take place, but it still doesn't make it easier. I look forward
to watch what God has in store for her, but it is still so hard to witness all the changes. She is a beautiful child/young lady and my heart feels as if it will be burst sometimes when I watch her playing with her brothers and sister. I want to will time to stop so she will stay a child and always want me to act silly with her or need me to kiss her booboos. However, I know it is not to always be this way. One day she will be kissing her baby's booboos. Until that time I will take every opportunity to thank our Heavenly Father that we were the ones chosen to raise this incredible gift from Him. Happy Birthday my precious girl!